After macOS High Sierra, we’ve had a handful of reports where plugin updates were not “applying” in RapidWeaver.
Scenario: A user would see the updates, follow the prompts and install them, but the same updates would appear again. Because the updates for plugins and add-ons (such as stacks) would not apply this would result in an endless loop of the same updates.
The fix we’ve found is to reestablish permissions for your add-ons folder. Since there are no “repair permissions” in recent versions of macOS, there’s a different method now.
How to fix the plugins / stacks not updating issues
- Step 1: Go to RapidWeaver, press and hold the Option (alt) key - select “Reveal Addons Folder”
- Step 2: Click anywhere (whitespace) in the folder. Press Command + I on your keyboard.
- Step 3: Unlock the Sharing & Permissions options by clicking on the padlock and entering an admin password
- Step 4: Set your user to Read & Write access, then go to the gear/cog icon and select “Apply to enclosed items…”
- Step 5: Re-open RapidWeaver and update your add-ons as usual
If the issue still happens to occur, do send us an email directly at email@example.com