If you've contacted support about a bug in RapidWeaver, we may ask you send in the Console logs so we can get a better idea of what's going on. The log sometimes shows us exactly what the issue and will help us resolve it.
To send us the console logs, do the following:
In macOS High Sierra (10.13)
- Launch the Console application (from the Utilities folder inside your Applications folder). It should open to All Messages, showing the log entries for everything that's happened recently on your Mac.
2. Clear all existing errors. Every event happening on your Mac is recorded in the Console app, so in order to help in a more timely and efficient manner, we like a fresh set of isolated logs. You can clear the logs by selecting the "clear" button in the menu bar of the Console app.
3. In the search bar, enter RapidWeaver then press the Enter key on your keyboard. This will narrow down the results to RapidWeaver specific errors / events. (You can select the "save" button below search bar to save for future cases -- it will appear next to "Error and Faults.")
4. Switch back to RapidWeaver, and try to reproduce the issue. This should hopefully output some meaningful messages into the Console window.
5. Return to the Console app and select the Share button directly to the left of the search bar. Select "Mail" and the Mail.app will open up with the logs populated. Note: be sure to include a helpful subject line with your case ticket # in the subject.
In previous versions of macOS (10.10+)
- Launch the Console application (from the Utilities folder inside your Applications folder). It should open to All Messages, showing the log entries for everything that’s happened recently on your Mac
- Switch back RapidWeaver, and try to reproduce the issue. This should hopefully output some useful messages into the Console window.
- Return to the Console app and from the Menu Bar choose File ▸ Save A Copy As… and email the attachment to [email protected] along with details of what triggered the bug.